1. I’ve been watching Annie Tarasova’s Youtube channel for what feels like forever, since I first discovered her video on the meaning of crystals and their use in technology today. Since then, I’ve watched all her videos minus the ones about being vegan. I’ve learnt and reflected so much on intuition, minimalism, synchronicity, the moon, meditation, happiness and so much more.. Plus how truly relevant they are to the world today! Whether you believe in it or not, spirituality is interconnected and manifested into real life in powerful ways.
I’ve always wanted to express my gratitude for all the rich and profound knowledge I’ve learnt from Annie, so I finally purchased some of her amazing art prints from her Etsy shop, DreamyMoons. Inspired by the universe, each piece is absolutely gorgeous and unique. I’m overjoyed with my new posters!
2. After years of being a Les Mills gym member, this week I SOLD MY MEMBERSHIP! I will miss the energetic, vibrant atmosphere and weekly BODYPUMP, which truly helped me become a stronger person physically and mentally. But I feel much lighter not paying almost $100 per month for my membership and like I’ve done something that is actually beneficial, financially sensible and adds value to my life. (Fun fact: with the extra $100 per month, I can literally take out a decent loan to renovate my house!)
Now, the possibilities are open. I could save for a treadmill, run on the street/at the park/on the beach, or join CityFitness, who is 24/7, closer to me, and still offers weight + yoga/pilates group fitnesses classes at less than half the price.
3. My beau and I are both lovers of Japanese food, so for date night, I chose the luxurious Tokyo Bay in Takapuna. Right by the beach, the restaurant is ambient, sophisticated and cozy, with an absolutely delicious menu. We loved the miso eggplant, karaage chicken, massive bento boxes and dessert.
4. I saw Lorde live for her Melodrama World Tour! You can read about my experience here.
5. I saw Yumi Zouma live for the second time this year. Following their tour of Europe, the UK, and Japan, my favourite New Zealand band have made their way back home for their Willowbank tour. They played my favourites – Persephone, Depths Pt.1, December, and Alena!
There’s something about their music; the chill, synth-pop beat and original, authentic lyrics. Even among the heavy smell of smoke and perfume, it was the most incredible feeling dancing to them live again and seeing people form a circle during Alena (only ‘real fans’ know why :P). Willowbank + Lorde’s Melodrama = pretty much my 2017 soundtrack.
6. I added a touch of sophistication to my home with these gorgeous new coasters from Cathy Pope, who I discovered from Good magazine. Made with real agate dyed pink with a gold rim, I love having slices of the earth’s DNA on my tabletops!
7. I had such a blast at Wanderlust 108! An ‘all-out celebration of mindful living’, the day consisted of a 5k triathlon (ie. three laps around Western Springs Lake!), over an hour of yoga to find our rhythm, and finally, a meditation session alongside thousands of people. All this plus healthy, delicious food, a little market, and bonus activities such as hooping, essential oils, music, aerial yoga & acroyoga. It was an incredible and worthwhile day to focus on mindfulness, wellness, connecting with nature with each other, and self-love!
This was my favourite song played during yoga. Love the passionate but peaceful energy.